Our school food service makes it simple to plan and deliver daily meals. Our award-winning service serves up quality, nutritious food.
Our support can be tailored to suit your exact needs. We can offer:
- advice about food or catering standards
- guidance on equipment and methods
- trouble shooting
- hands on support to meet the highest standards
Our network of professional advisors can help you to meet strict standards and make improvements.
This could involve:
- audits to help assess the quality of food provided
- observation of lunchtime service to see where improvements can be made
- quality checks on equipment and food provision
- meeting with Heads and Governors to plan strategies and to deliver improvements
- organising tasting sessions for your events
- help to improve knowledge about food and nutrition
We know the importance of impressing your customers – parents and children. So we can set up tasting sessions, attend parents’ evenings, and be around to answer any questions.
Run your own catering service? If your school directly employs its own catering staff, you can buy our support package, which ensures all statutory requirements are met and monitored.
We can also help you to organise:
- audit packages looking at food safety, health and safety and risk assessment
- training – from basic to intermediate – including updates to hygiene
We can also help with:
- Menu development, in line with national standards
- Recruitment and induction of catering managers
- Liaison with Environmental Health Officers
- Planning and monitoring Budgets, including the provision of profit and loss statements
- Marketing support
- Help with school food policies via the Healthy Schools Task Groups
- Contracts for kitchen equipment servicing
- Kitchen refurbishment
Please also see Leicestershire County Council standard terms: Terms & conditions