This course introduces you to SIMS Assessment. It will provide you with the ability to record and view a full range of your students assessment data in order that you can quickly and easily track progress, monitor individuals and groups effectively and share information across the school, with parents and other organisations. Incorporating the resources provided by Capita to assess Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
Who should attend? The course is ideal for both school administrators and senior teaching staff with assessment responsibilities.
Pre-requisites An understanding of the schools assessment policy is desirable, but not essential.
How will I benefit? Being able to assess your students progress and report home to parents whilst being able to incorporate other areas of the SIMS database, as well as have key information available to staff to underpin Teaching and Learning in the classroom
What will I learn?
- key components of SIMS Assessment; aspects, grade sets, result sets and categories.
- building templates and creating marksheets.
- using formulas in marksheets.
- creating, using and filtering data review marksheets.
- designing and generating individual reports.
- the basic capabilities of SIMS Analysis.