This course will give all governors an overview of their responsibilities and those of their school in relation to safeguarding children. The training is regularly updated to include changes in governance legislation and new initiatives.
- To develop an awareness of safeguarding issues for schools
- To enable governors to understand their statutory responsibilities in relation to safeguarding
- To enable governors to monitor and evaluate their school’s safeguarding arrangements
- The minimum number required to run a course is six participants. Cancellation of the course will be considered if the numbers of booking does not meet the minimum requirement seven days before the date of the event. In the rare instance of the course being cancelled, we will contact you.
- Cancellation of a booking can be made either in writing or by email giving at least five days’ notice. Telephone cancellations are accepted but should be followed up in writing or by email. A cancellation charge of £40 will be charged where five days’ notice has not been given. Non-attendance is also charged at £40.
This session is open to governors of schools that subscribe to GDS as part of the Hinckley Battling Brook group.