Course Context Applicable to Secondary Schools Explore academic and pastoral arrangements for the new academic year, including:
- The assignment of students to classes and producing student timetables
- The new student intake, student leavers and associated procedures.
Who should attend? Staff with responsibility for preparing SIMS for the new academic year.
Course Requirement Working knowledge of SIMS.
How will I benefit? Gain an overview of the requirements of the new school year. Be confident in setting up the pastoral and academic structure before the new school year commences, both these processes must be completed in SIMS. What will I learn?
- Creating a new academic year
- The pastoral promotion process
- Dealing with admissions
- Processing leavers
- Setting the academic year
- How to use CTF or ATF to import new pupil data
- Defining the academic promotion rules
- Allocating students to bands and classes
- Printing timetables and class lists
- Housekeeping routines