Introduction to Consolidated Reporting - Linking SIMS to Microsoft Power BI for deeper and flexible analysis
Microsoft Power BI is a FREE analysis tool that allows you to create powerful data visualisations that can transform your school’s own data. The BI stands for Business Intelligence and it’s used by many schools to help them understand their data in live time!
This course is designed to complement the utilities recently released by Capita to help you extract and upload your SIMS data automatically into Microsoft Power BI. These resources will be especially useful for MATs, as they show how to upload data from multiple schools.
If your data involves using or processing data, you would benefit from taking this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Extract data from your SIMS system
- Import the data into Microsoft Power BI
- Create amazing analyses of your pupil data
- Securely share the analyses with colleagues
- Automate the whole process to run termly, weekly or even daily.
This course is aimed at data managers, business managers, SIMS co-ordinators and senior leaders in secondary schools.