Details of the Autumn term training courses for EYFS practitioners, Schools and Out of School providers
These courses include
Safeguarding, Maths through play, Music and movement in the Early Years, First Aid, Coaching and Mentoring, a suite of business planning workshops and many more.
Please download the attachment to see the list of courses with links to the booking form - course details are below the main list of courses.
HR Courses for School and Academy Leadership Staff
A number of HR training courses have now been published on LTS Online for the new academic year and are available for booking. There are a range of subjects available with courses being held locally, either at Beaumanor Hall or DBS Offices, Glenfield. Most of the courses are half day sessions in order to minimise the impact on the working day. A wide range of courses are available including; Performance Management, Family Leave (maternity etc.), Attendance Management and range of management/supervisory courses.
SEND: Writing Person Centred Outcomes and Creating One Page Profiles
Understanding outcomes and the ability to create accurate personalised one page profiles is vitally important when working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs.
This free course is delivered on a choice of dates and venues across Leicestershire and is available from September 2017, please search for SEND for more information and to secure a place.
This course is delivered by: Learning & Development - Leicestershire County Council
SCoRE+ Practical Energy Saving for the Whole School
This guide will help your school reduce its energy usage costs as well as playing a vital role in contributing towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions and to addressing our contribution towards changes in our climate.
If your school is an Eco-School, or interested in becoming an Eco-School, the outputs of this guidance will help you to provide the evidence required for the energy topic of Eco-Schools. This guidance focuses on a few simple operational improvements which can be implemented quickly with immediate benefits.
2017 Data now available in LIAISE and Perspective
“Delivery of data for end of Key Stage Primary School assessments earlier than ever before”
We are proud to announce that the first release of complete 2017 FSP, KS1, Phonics and KS2 data is now live in LIAISE and Perspective Lite for schools and academies signed to our service. This year we are also able to provide very early KS1-2 progress measures. We hope that you can make time during this busy period of the year to take advantage of the suite of analysis that is available to you.
Log on to LIAISE and Perspective
Many thanks to all schools for your assistance in making the summer data collection a success. Leicestershire teacher assessment data is complete but should still be treated as provisional until the end of term. Key stage 2 test data is the first data feed as provided by the DfE and is therefore also provisional in nature.
We recommend that you navigate to the two reporting systems via the links on our own webpage http://www.ltsperformance.co.uk/ The ‘attainment collection guidance’ page available through the menu icon contains documentation describing how to get the best out of LIAISE and Perspective Lite.
LIAISE - A comprehensive suite of reports covering many areas of educational data. Benchmark your outcomes against that of other schools and the LA and national averages. Visualise your data through various charting techniques, see year on year trends and know your strengths and challenges. Put your results into the context that your school operates within. LIAISE is developed by us for schools and is open to development requests.
Perspective Lite - Simple time series charts and tabular analysis. Interactive KS1 and KS2 reports allow you to cross-cut your outcomes by multiple pupil characteristics. Pupil level reports allow you to validate your own outcomes prior to the end of term deadline.
Due to the early nature of the data there are naturally some caveats to bear in mind:
· All school teacher assessment data remains provisional until the closure of the DfE assessment period
· KS2 Test data is the first release from the DfE and may change following the DfE data checking exercises
· Please treat the 2017 KS2 Progress data with caution. It is based on the Emerging National data which is subject to change, and uses the 2016 methodology. The progress outcomes will change upon release of the official DfE data because then the 2017 methodology will be know.
** The analysis is still the best you will find anywhere due to it using the 2017 national emerging predicted scaled score, not data relating to 2016 **
· The Key Stage 2 greater depth test standard is currently assumed to be a scale score 110 or greater in 2017. The DfE have yet to announce whether this threshold will change for 2017.
· Please read the notes on LIAISE reports which describe the national data source status
· National headline outcomes in LIAISE are currently unofficial and provisional and will be updated on a regular basis over the coming weeks
· National outcomes for pupil characteristics in LIAISE are not currently available
· The national data when selecting pupil groups in Perspective Lite is very provisional currently due to a lack of uploading of pupil characteristics by other LAs
· Due to an unknown change in DfE methodology, Perspective Lite does not correctly record the new KS2 J and U codes that are counted in the same way as disapplied. LIAISE analysis does record the pupil correctly.
We are positive that the analysis we have made available to you so soon after the TA collection and release of KS2 test data will save you valuable time and resources. We encourage our partner schools and academy trusts to use our analysis to its full potential. Please read the guidance on our webpage to learn how to interact with the reporting systems if required. You are welcome to contact us if you have any queries regarding your analysis.
(Performance and Business Manager - Education)